Sunday, March 29, 2009

YW Broadcast "Return to Virtue"

It has been a really long time since I have updated my blog....and my wonderful sisters reminded me that it was time to commit to blogging again! SOOOO no better time like the present.
I had a great opportunity this weekend to watch the YM general broadcast in Salt Lake at the conference center. My wonderful neighbor called and told me her sister who works for the church had tickets available and we were welcome to them. So I took my girls and made a last minute trip. I was really sad I could not bring the YW of my ward but it was so last minute.
I invited my sisters and my neighbor, what a great time! It was fun to drive down and laugh and enjoy each others company.

The young women's meeting was amazing! It was great to listen to the YW Presidency talk on Virtue the new value added to personal progress...encouraging all these girls to commit to virtue and live lives that are virtuous. Sis. Daltons talk was very inspiring to me "virtue is purity". She talked about a white rose and that became her symbol of faith and purity. Today for class I brought white roses for the girls and attached the saying "virtue is purity" to remind them of the wonderful talks we listened to last night.

I am so thankful for my sisters, it was wonderful to have them with me and for there great example to my daughters. I know they made sacrifices to come with me to Utah and leave their families behind. I love you guys!!!!

5 comments:

Sommer and Chris said...

It's nice to see an update!

J-Babe said...

Holy freaking cow, it's about time you posted!!j/k :) It looks like you guys had a great time, way to take an opportunity and run with it. I can't believe how grown up your girls are, I miss them!

Christina said...

Are you kidding me? Did Jennifer just update her blog?! No way! I thought you were giving it up entirely. Good to see you back:) That's great that you got to go and have that experience. I didn't know they added that new value either. Where have I been? I'll have to read some of those talks. They are always good.

Bryan Williams said...

Great to see a new post. It's been a while since I've updated mine too. That's really cool you guys got to go down and see that in person. I bet it was really great. Way to see the opportunity and go for it.

Heather said...

It was so much fun going to SLC with you and everyone else. Now I realize you are a princess for sure but only wear your tiara when it's convenient for you! Thanks for inviting me, it was a great time. Plus it gave Mark the chance to experience a day in my life!