Last weekend was our 17 year anniversary. Seems like we have only been married just a few years. It has become a tradition that we go to Vegas for our anniversary. Four years ago we signed up for the Vegas Marathon and have gone ever since. The Marathon is just a few days before or after our anniversary depending on when it falls. This year is actually fell right on the anniversary so we decided to run the 1/2 and run it together that was fun and it felt like we were cheating just a bit, to cut off half of the race! This year we wanted the time to spend together knowing I was having surgery as soon as we got home. So it was a nice weekend ALONE.
I have been to Vegas probably 10-15 times and every time we find something new to do and NEVER get bored. My first request was to stop at the Silverton and see the HUGE aquarium. That was so cool and it is connected to Outdoor World, which makes Cabela's seem like nothing. I actually enjoyed walking through Outdoor World and seeing all there displays. We always have to spend a day in Primm shopping, and Got GREAT DEALS! Saw our neighbors at the mall, they also got great deals. Saturday we went to the Marathon Expo and got our race numbers and then Shopped at the Vegas Outlet Mall. Had to eat a a buffet, which is always overrated! And early to bed for the 4am alarm.
The Race on Sunday was so much fun! Where can you run with Elivs, showgirls and renew your vows all at the same time? After the race we got tickets to Mystere a cirque Du Sollie show. I have always wanted to see one so we chose one we could get tickets at as reasonable price. the one I really wanted to see was O the tickets were 175.00 a piece, could not justify it! Kelly took me out to Ethel M's Chocalate factory they have an incredible light show, saw the fountains at Bellagio (one of my favorite things) We had such a fun time and it felt good to have the day of the Marathon to do things instead of feeling like we were to tired to do anything. VIVA LAS VEGAS!
These pics are from the wedding aisle decor Signature Party Rental designed
for a wedding this past weekend.
15 years ago

5 comments:
Wow, sounds like so much fun! I can't wait until our family is to the point where we can go to Vegas ALONE too. 17 years? How time flies.
Good for you to keep running! I'm impressed. I'm glad taht you had fun in Vegas. What surgery are you having? Good luck with it!
How come you're so damn cute?! Why are you having surgery? Let me know if I can help.
WOW 17 years, I still remember wearing those great turquiose dresses! It seems like yesterday!
Hey! I just spent a while catching up on your blog! can you believe 17 years? I was actually just thinking about that the other day and those lovely dresses! Your family pictures are so beautiful! What an amazing family you have, I am so happy for you! Sounds like you had a good time in Vegas. You are AWESOME!
Post a Comment