Who knew I could make it four days in a tent but I made it! Being the camp director this year has been such a blessing in my life, I have had the best week. I started the week off with no sleep because I kept thinking about things that I forgot to pack and things I wanted to get for all these girls! At 2:30 I went to bed and by 3:00 am I was at walmart getting moleskin for the hike.
Our Theme this year was fairies. Our ward choose the tooth fairies. I made all the girls tutu's we were particularly cute! We started off the week with a bang! (Andrea I knew you would love how wrote that! just for you!) The elderly couple that was the camp host for the summer scared the girls about bears so we had to deal with that all week. And the morning of the hike Kelly had to ask the girls if they heard the coyote at 4 am! Thanks KEL! I got one of our priesthood to wear a tutu during our skit...WE LOVE BRO LOTT! And then the pranking started! I believe in good fun pranks, I had our girls leave with all the other wards a crown and tooth brush with a sign that said GOT WISDOM? We stole other ward flags and left fake teeth with notes to get other ward to come up to our camp. When they came to retrieve there belongings we would give them all a toothbrush.

My very favorite part of camp is when the girls decided to prank the leaders. We were in our tent having solo time(sleeping), the girls had gone down to the creek to write in there journals. We had an extended solo time on Wed after the hike so they could nap if they wanted. We woke up to Saran Wrap being applied to our tent. They had pinned our zipper closed and kept saying "try to get out" to that we laughed! and Laughed and laughed. Like we wanted to leave the tent from our great nap. Silly girls. So the pranking continued the rest of camp we had a blast! To get the girls back we took squirt guns and ambushed them while they were cleaning the bathrooms. That was a proud moment for me, I have been pranking these girls for years and they have never pranked back until now.
We had all the fathers as priesthood for the week and that made the experience for the girls soooo amazing! I was so thankful for all their dads. This was Kelsies first year and Kenzie's second I think they both loved having Kelly and I there for the entire week. I know I was thankful for Kelly, he treated all the girls like princesses.
The last night it rained and rained and rained so we had to move the girls from there tent into the cabin it became a huge muddy mess :) Who has ever been to Darby without rain? Makes for a fun experience?

4 comments:
It sounds like it was a ton of fun. I love girls camp. I'm glad that you had such good clean pranks. I bet you make the most awesome camp leader.
That one says it's from Bryan but it's not it's from Clair.
sounds fun!! i loved girls' camp when i was in YW!!
I wouldn't have survied the tent prank, I would have been FREAKING OUT! haha, but i"M glad you had fun. Camping is fun! I'm glad you tented it out the whole week :)
Post a Comment