Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Snow in July






Kelsie turned 12 on july 5th!!! She has always had to compete wuth the 4th of July, which was fun when you are 5 because you think all these people came to your fireworks! That does not fly anymore and every year her birthday is really hard to fit in with all of the celebrations. Because 12 is a big birthday we knew we needed to do something FUN! So we thought of a few random ideas, Lava, downata, salt lake, the alpine slides.....none sounded like the right activity. So we went to bed on the 4th and decided to make the fianl decision in the morning. Kelly came up with the most amazing idea, he saved the day and made Kelsies birthday wonderful
Teton Village! in july? you can ride the gondola all day for one price. They offer hiking up there, fine dinning, a deli, and camp fire. We spent the first part of the afternoon hiking around and playing in the snow, ate dinner, and later in the evening after a quick trip into Jackson we had smores at 10,000 ft! You can buy a smores plate for about 6 buck and it is worth every dime. It was so fun and all the kids enjoyed it. A day we will never forget. I recomend everyone do this at least once the views were fab!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am the same way..my b-day is always around or on labor day and it sucks. Maybe i'll make Jake take us to Teton Village this year! It looks amazing!

J-Babe said...

AwEsOme!! That looks like so much fun! I bet Kelsey had the best birthday ever! I can't believe she is 12!

Christina said...

Happy be-lated birthday Kelsie! You guys are so adventurous! It looks like you had a great time. Next time we need an idea I'll call you. You seem to know everything there is to do out there.

Bryan Williams said...

That looks Awesome! Great idea. I bet that made for a very memorable birthday.

Robbie said...

That sounds like a ton of fun!
Nothing is better than family time.