Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Car Shopping

I know how much everyone enjoys car shopping, in fact I bet everyone would put it top of the list right? We are doing two different kinds right now and WOW what an experience. Last year we bought a 83 ford ranger from my brother in law so Kolton our new driver would have something to drive. It has been the best truck and we have really enjoyed it. However we need something that he can drive the girls around in and pick up Kenz and all her friends from school. Over the last year we find him taking one of the other three vehicles to drive them around so we need to upgrade. We have also been trying to decide between trading in our sport trac or the Yukon. And the Yukon FINALLY won out. It is the auto that sits in the garage most but when we use it we put on the miles.



Because we are doing the two extreme type of shopping it has been very funny. When we are looking at older cars the salesmen have the funniest things to say.....First you have to go find one it is obvious you are not spending much money when you are looking in the CHEAP lot. Then they will tell you how reliable this piece of garbage car is, and the check engine light is no big deal, the shaking in the back goes away, and when you drive down the road the pulling to the right side is the first they have ever heard. So the search is still on to find the great kid car.



Now the Yukon....Kelly is such a "researcher" shall we say. Car salesmen have pinned him as the typical "engineer" site worker. He goes in with his spread sheet and all the facts. We have are considering 3 different types of vehicles so it make the process so much more painful. We stopped at Phil Meador and looked at an 07 sequoia, I finally had enough of the salesman who was helping us and trying to get us to take it off his lot TODAY......and I finally had to explain to the nice gentleman that he was just a spot on his graph and we would not be taking the car home today. And if he fit Kellys criteria we would be calling him , miles vs price. So the search is on. I love salesmen what fun they are! so I tell then my specs for a new vehicle; leather, heated seats, and DVD. We looked at a sequoia with cloth and the salesman tells me really you don't need the leather you can just buy seat covers, and another says well this has the leather you can just buy one of those covers that plugs in with the seat and it will be heated. And cover the leather I am paying extra for? What a fun experience! and then when we FINALLY find the vehicle Kelly will be on the phone with the dealership for a week negotiating price. I just hope this ends SOON!

2 comments:

J-Babe said...

Hey it didn't take that long and I love the Denali by the way! Thanks for letting us tote around in it last weekend!

Anonymous said...

good luck with the shopping! I know what its like, Wyatt has to make sure its the perfect thing before he signs anything