Sunday, April 6, 2008

City VS Country Living



Alright we live in a subdivision....we chose this location based on several factors.


1. Strict covenants
2. Curb and gutter, sidewalks
3. QUIET

We have enjoyed living here, and LOVE the curb and gutter....we will not flood like other neighborhoods (hence the location)

Anyway back to the subject at hand, country farm house or Subdivision. They both offer great things. We choose the neighborhood, and should not cross over to country right? Last year Kenzie's Class hatched chickens for a science project. The offer was put out that the children could take home these fine birds......I say yes because I believe ALL the parents will say yes and they will not have enough for every child. GUESS what? only 3 said yes. Last spring we became the owners of a baby chick. She was very cute and it was fun but after almost dying several times the 3rd time she met her demise.

Kelsie's class is going to hatch DUCKS! NO WAY ARE WE TAKING ONE!!! So McKenzie convinces Kelly we need chickens because our dog Sydney loved the chicken and they were good friends. Friday we swing into Cal store to buy a single chicken and we walk out with 3. Many of you know they funny stories of the last chicken and how it was almost eaten by the neighbors cat. I can only imagine what fun things will happen to these chickens.

Kenzie has always been our animal girl. Wanting every variety of animal, she should have been sent to a farming family! We may need to move Kenzie and our garage that has turned into barnyard out to Ucon.






10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping to stop laughing long enough to leave you a comment--- OK I lived through the last chicken-(I am laughing out loud right now)-REMEMBER- It was a fried chicken and you felt so bad that it had died that long slow death- Well we all deserve a second chance- I know you will be a great chicken owner lol-You of all people, you city slicker turned farm hand-- I love you for this and I will be here for you when you need it most-lol AGAIN

Unknown said...

jennifer! that is hilarious and I don't even know the whole story. Baby animals of all kind just grab your heart and pull you in! Good luck with the chicks...with egg prices..it might be a good investment.

AGFFA said...

The guys at work are wondering why the chickens have not had their claws painted pink yet

Natalie♥ said...

Ha ha that is so funny. You are a softy for your kids, and such a good mom! Good luck with the animals.

J-Babe said...

That is so awesome! I can see Kelsie being a little mother to those chics:) Maybe wyatt and Mindy will rent you a chiken stall:)

Anonymous said...

HEY! Wyatt and I have 10! Its going to be so nice not buying eggs!!

kris said...

I love it! We need to compare stories some time. Years ago, my daughter and I made my husband chase down a baby goose and take it home. (Just so you don't think we're cruel, it was orphaned and the adult geese were trying to kill it.) Anyway, I don't know how Frankie the goose ever survived the ordeals he went through with us but when he was definitely alive the last time I saw him.
Good luck with your new chickens!

Robbie said...

Seriously Chickens???

Anonymous said...

someone said your chickens are no longer with you ;o( IS that true? I unblocked my blog so we dont have to mess with adding email address

PrincessMcKenzie said...

haha, thanks mom for letting me have a chicken!! by the way, can i have a baby pig?