Thursday, October 25, 2007

CHEERLEADER MOMENT!



This is a TOTAL brag story! After having to delay my long run due to weather and health issues I finally got out today. I generally do my long runs with Kelly. After looking at our schedules and the weather forecast I knew we were on our own!!! I made several attempts at finding a friend to run a portion with me and with no luck I was on my own.....I don't do long runs alone!

So today I sucked it up and put on my cutest running clothes filled the MP3 with great tunes (who cant enjoy a little ABBA "Dancing Queen" mixed with a little OZZY?) turned on the GPS and out the door I went.


It is amazing that I needed to get in 15 miles and all the people I encountered
at first it was the psuedo excercise group. Moms in strollers causaully walking and the new runners just trying to get mileage, then the INL government workers out for a "LUNCH" jog (of course we all know then they take the 30 min lunch after the hour run) and then to my surprise, nursing homes drop the elderly off for a stroll around the greenbelt. Is that safe?

MILE 7.5 I pretty much feel as if I am amazing
Mile 10 ok maybe it hurts, My mind wanders to my kids and them cheering me on at
races....GO MOM...They are great motivation.
mile 11 AM I STUPID? who pays 100$ to run marathons and have to train for them?
Mile 13 Ok you can do this!FOCUS!!!
Mile 14 one more (it does not matter if you are running 5 or 15 or 26 the last mile
I think is the hardest, Just finish!

Mile 15 I think I am pretty much a super hero! And I do have to thank GOD daily that
I have the body and the ability to run and feel like a SUPER HERO!

0 comments: