Wednesday, December 13, 2006

marathon number 4




I just ran my 4th marathon! I am tired... After running this marathon I actually contemplated not running one next year. I think my training should have been better, or longer.
Obviously I did not want that 4:20 to train for it. Vegas knows how to put on a show. Kelly and I ran the first 3 miles together, and parted ways. Each mile seems to be a milestone along the way and each mile brings a whole new set of challenges. Be it physical or be it mental it is easy to find a road block. I saw a runners shirt at mile 10 that said "get your mind right" Funny to me as I was down on myself for not getting the time I was hoping for. Mile 15 was an extra challenge, my legs hurt and I really wanted to be the quitter. Mile 20 I am home free......................it is back to the strip for me!! PARTY TIME> Why was the first 20 miles not as easy as the last 6? The irony the first 20 as know as the easy miles, you give 50% of energy to these miles and 50% to the last 6.2... I needed 80 for the 20 miles and 20 for the 6. Go figure the best plan always fails.




Crossing the finish line is incredible. What an emotional ride. To all the marathoners out there the past present or future enjoy the ride, respect the body, and get your mind right.


Oh by the way I did a 4:43




Jen

0 comments: